Today is Love Your Pet Day, a special day to show our cats even more than usual how much we love and appreciate them. For Livia, Love Your Pet Day came a day early.
As Livia's friends know, she's an expert carer and sharer. Her "friends" often take advantage of her agreeable nature and push her around. I can't stand that for one moment, and I always take up for my darling Livia. Livia came in my bedroom to visit me yesterday after their breakfast to snuggle, only to be thwarted by her friends. I went out to the living room to get her, and this turned into a back and forth three times before I'd had it and shut the door behind me, leaving her friends to deal with their ill deeds.
Knowing I'm going to be in and out of the house tomorrow, I decided to make our one-on-one time special before somebody began body slamming the door, insisting to come in. We had nice petting, kissing, and watching the news before (no surprise) Abbi rudely interrupted our reverie.
While I was unsuccessful as to finding the history of Love Your Pet Day, here are some great ways to show a little extra love to your kitty babies on this special day, all fully endorsed by Livia:
- Play with your cat, even if you don't feel like it. Play extra longer even if they don't ask.
- Read you cat a story. Cats love the sound of their pet parents' voices.
- Give your cat a nice, new toy. Cats get bored with the same old, same old.
- If it's warm where you live and you've got a stroller, take your cat on a nice nature walk.
- If you've got a DVD like the one we've got that's special for cats, sit and watch it with them.
- Have an extra snuggle, and if your cat doesn't usually sleep with you, invite her in.
- Skip doing things around the house or to your cat that she doesn't like, such as vacuuming, nail clipping, or hair combing.
We wish all our friends, furry and unfurry, a happy Love Your Pet Day.